XL-330S computer vs. human voice observation

I just unpacked my newly purchased XL-330S (great price at BJs) and was setting it up. I noticed the volume of the two computer voices is much lower then that of the human voices. Has anybody else observed this and can anything be done about that? Is this an issue TomTom recognizes? I want to use the computer voices as that is the only way to gain the text to speech capability and I've cranked the volume up all the way but I hope it is enough. I'll know tomorrow when I go on a trip but it doesn't seem overwhelmingly loud even with volume at 100 percent. Human voice at default 70 percent is louder then computer voice at 100 percent.

I was wrong for anybody reading this. I was fooled because when you set the computer voice and do a test, the volume is much lower then a human voice, but in actual use it's just as loud. Setting the volume at 70 percent was more then loud enough. Used the unit on an extended highway trip and loved it except the included stick on base doesn't stick to the dash very well. I'll have to investigate an aftermarket solution.

Ask a Question