Xl 330 S

TomTom Model(s)
XL 330 S
My wife heard I wanted a GPS for the truck, so she went on QVC and bought one for me for Christmas. I have never heard of it. It is a TomTom XL 330 S.

Is this a good unit?

I set it up but made some mistakes (PM instead of AM in the time), ((Wrong home address)). How can I get back to the setup menu and reset these errors?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

You can restore to factory defaults and redo your custom settings. Once done, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup (it's more reliable). Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Now, connect to Home and upgrade your firmware (you can tell what version is installed by tapping the satellite bars. Tap that version number and see the MAP version and build installed.).

Once the firmware is updated, use Home to move to the Latest Map Guarantee option and you should be offered the latest map (you have 30 days from first use to take advantage).

Once the map is installed and the firmware has been updated, make ANOTHER Explorer complete backup to a different folder on your computer.

dhn,

Thanks for the information on resetting defaults. I was able to do what I needed to do. I also backed up my files to the desktop using select all, then clicked and dragged all to a folder on the desktop. I am a Mac user, I found no choice to select hidden files/folders. I hope I got them all.

I am running TT HOME ver 1.5 uploaded from my TomTom. When it opens the it tells me via a dialog box that there is a newer version of TT HOME. When I try to install it, I get a dialog box with the message "Unable To Install latest version of TomTom HOME". Is this a problem with my computer system, or what?

Thanks,

Dean

You may want to call support at 866-486-6866 with your problem and stress you have a Mac. (A version 2x is available and can be installed on your type of computer).

(You don't have UAC or whatever it's called active, do you?)

I went to the TomTom.com site and through their FAQ's I found that my system version (ver. 10.3.9) is limited to version 1.5 of TT HOME. The later version of mac system (10.4) will use the ver 2.x of TT HOME, but I can't upgrade to that system at this time.

TT HOME ver. 1.5 runs fine with my current mac so I will stay with it.

Thanks,

Dean

Last edited:

Ask a Question