XL 330 S Freezing

My Tom Tom 330 S has frozen up. It will connect to the Home 2 program. It then asks to update device. When disconnected, I get TomTom screen then it freezes on a white screen with a blue bar at the bottom. Any steps I can do to troubleshoot this device and get it working again?

Have you tried resetting the unit by holding the power button for about 10 seconds till you hear a drum roll?

And when you disconnected from Home after the update, did you do it PROPERLY by using the Device Disconnect icon?

Still having issue

Have tried both you suggested. When I use disconnect device, it says it is safe to unplug device. Then on TT I can see TT screen then I get white screen.
I have tried clear flash tool and when it reboots, I get white screen. I reset device ant tried again multiple times.
I have renamed TT folder and deleted application from TT. Then reinstalled application from Home 2. Still getting same result.

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home backup of your unit's contents. Once you are sure it is done, format the unit, don't use quickformat.

Restore the Explorer backup. Any better?

fat 32 is what you need. If on a Mac, it is simply 'dos format' as I understand.

Didn't work. Wiped the system again and ran update on empty TT from Home 2. Now it freezes on TomTom screen on reboot. I'm at a loss for a solution.

I don't know what to tell you....

It appears you HAVE:
-Reinstalled the application
-Formatted the unit

-Run the Clear Flash (did you do it 3 times?)

Try this:

Start-->Run-->cmd and within the box that opens:
chkdsk X: /f where X: represents the drive in Windows represented by the tomtom unit.

Tried it all. Called customer service and told them all that was done to correct the issue. Said it was a memory issue and nothing they could do. Did offer a $10 coupon since my new paperweight couldn't be repaired. I was a big fan of my TomTom, but now wondering about reliability of other TomToms.

Ask a Question