Wrong maps

Hello....I have the TomTom GO 930. Have used this for a couple of years now. Went to update the North America maps and somehow ended up with the Western and Central Europe 2GB.
I can pick that or North America. When I pick North America maps I get the error: You cannot use this map on this device: North_America_297. When it starts up I'm looking at Westminister! What happened?

Do you have the latest application (8.351) on your unit? Tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the app version number.

Hello....I have the TomTom GO 930. Have used this for a couple of years now. Went to update the North America maps and somehow ended up with the Western and Central Europe 2GB.
When it starts up I'm looking at Westminister! What happened?

On a 930 you will always have had US and Europe maps.
My guess is that all that has happened is you got a corrupted (or wrong version) US map when you updated, the unit cannot read it, so it defaults back to the only other map it can use.

So there's no mystery as to why you are getting Westminster showing, the only mystery is why you've ended up with the wrong US map after the update.

If you delete the new US map from the device AND from your PC, then Home should offer it to you again (assuming it came from TT and via Home in the first place!)

Ask a Question