Why is the Time Always Wrong?

I've given up on setting arrival time, because XL just does not know the time. When I check it before I start, once satellites are found, it's always an hour out, or more, from my watch, car clock, or any clocks at home. This is fundamental. Surely this is basic? How would GPS ever be wrong, if it refers to several satellites and it knows exactly where I am.

I have carefully checked my timezone is set, although is it even a setting? Can't remember - is it an option? I get two times displayed. How can I tell which is the time, or the ETA (green or red)? Every time I try setting the ETA, sometimes it's 30 mins wrong, or anything else, comparing to me real world time estimation.

I've only owned an XL. Nothing else. No yardstick to test it against. Is the XL just wrong on time? It's annoying. Just from experience, the black time is always WRONG! The green ETA is wrong. I set this to be the time I want to arrive. It shows me x+ as positive, that I'll be early by this. It rarely changes, but eg, when I arrive, it still says eg, 40 minutes early.

Wait till you have a gps fix. Then go to preferences-->Set Time and manually set the correct time. Then save the time you set.

If you do not have a model with IQ routing, your ETA will be quite wrong. Models with IQ routing are normally surprisingly accurate.

To work out what's going on, I would treat this as two separate issues.

Ignore the ETA for a while... switch the feature off (Change Preferences/ Status Bar Preferences / 3rd screen - untick "Show leeway to arrival time".

Now concentrate on just getting the time set right as per dhn's suggestion above.
Once you're happy with that and it's staying correct, try a few routes and see what the indicated arrival time is.

We still don't know if you have a model with IQ Routing? If not, you should still find the calculated journey time fairly reasonable for a journey that is not in the rush hour and with no unusual traffic problems. If yes, then it should be better even during busy traffic periods - still not perfect, but not bad.

Let us know how that works out and then we can see if we can get the "Leeway" feature working how you expect.
(To be honest, I've never used it... it's just an extra load of stuff to put in before you can start. I have it switched off and just have the arrival time set to show on the status bar).

Ask a Question