Installed MyDrive but it always tells me to download it again!

TomTom Model(s)
Start 20
Just opened my Start 20 for the first time, connected it to my PC, downloaded MyDrive connect, logged in OK and it sais that there are 3 new updates to download. However when i click on mydrive, it launches Google Chrome, and takes me to a page where after a while it prompts me again to download mydrive. Did it twice already, installed and uninistalled with no luck. any suggestions?

I use google chrome and it works fine
If it tells you to download it again, that mean it is not detecting MyDrive installed.
Do you have a firewall that is blocking it?

I have disabled windows firewall and my antivirus (nod32) reinstalled my drive but without success :(

Did you try remove the MyDrive completely, restart the computer, then reinstall Mydrive?

Steps from TomTom Website:

- Uninstall the device driver (device needs to be connected, see Connect to computer below)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can confirm that this has happened and reinstall the driver if needed as follows (also mentioned in this FAQ [support FAQ connecting to MyDrive]:

- Go to the Device Manager

• XP/Vista/7: Click Start – right-click (My) Computer – choose Manage – Device Manager
  • Windows 8*: Press Windows logo key
    original
    +X to open the Quick Link menu and click on Device Manager.
- Locate your device listed as a Network Adapter

• If you do not see your device listed, click on the icon on the left of Universal Serial Bus Controllers. The device will show up as an unknown device or as a mass storage device. To determine which is the correct device, you can disconnect the device and the respective icon should disappear.
- Right-click the device and choose Uninstall

(- Restarting your computer is recommended at this point, especially on Windows 8 and 64-bit systems)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Disconnect the device

- Uninstall MyDrive Connect

- Remove the HOME3 folder from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TomTom and C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\TomTom

- Restart you computer

- Download the MyDrive Connect installation file from www.tomtom.com/getstarted and run it as Administrator

- Confirm on the MyDrive page that the MyDrive Connect is installed

- Connect your device

I did all those you are saying 3 times already and finally managed to update my Start20 on my other PC which runs Windows 7. Thanks for your replies, however no solution was actually found!

Ask a Question