Where is my music?

TomTom Model(s)
Go730
Hi all. I have the Go730. Not sure how, but my music is not reacheable via the Go730. It says 'no songs'. When I look in the device when it is attached to my computer, the 'music' folder is full with the albums of MP3 files I placed in there. The device can't seem to find them when I look in menu of device when it is not attached to computer.
Any assistance will be much apppreciated. It may be a folder issue as when I was in the device when attached to computer I moved the albums about and deleted some albums of non MP3 files out, I added albums of just mp3 format songs. There may have been 2 folders to begin with, one named 'music' and one named mp3. I reduced the 2 folders down to one 'music' I am not sure how to move forward now. I should have left well enough alone I know. Thanks.

That's the problem, mate. All mp3 files MUST be in a folder called mp3 (all lower case) on either internal or your sdhc card for that model.

I just renamed the file in Go730 "mp3" lower case and emptied it out. I reloaded the albums I wanted (and had) in mp3 format back to the Go via windows media player sync. The albums went into go in "music" folder. I now open the Go in my computer and see an empty "mp3" folder and a full 'music" folder. When Go disconnected from computer and turned on when I go to search menu the page for music and files is greyed out and a message pops up saying no songs found.
Do I need to connect Go to computer and put the music folder in the mp3 folder or am I missing something here. I am thinking the music should be in mp3 folder and not music folder. Am I trying to put music in my Go the wrong way maybe(Via windows media player)?

OK, got it. What I had to do was connect into the Go via pc, I renamed the full 'music' folder 'mp3' and renamed the empty 'mp3' folder 'music'. That did the trick. I am not sure why when I sync music into Go730 via windows media player it went into a folder named 'music' rather than the 'mp3' folder but all is good now. I will revisit the sync issue again when I want to change my music stored on the Go730.
One thing I have not got is much storage space on the Go730. The slot for SD card has what appears to be just a blank plastic SD shape in it. I assume I can add SD card. What size SD card will the Go730 take and if I create a folder in SD card named 'mp3' and put music in mp3 format in SD card will the player use internal memory for mp3 songs as well as SD card memory of songs or do I then need to just put all my mp3 stored music in the 'mp3' folder in the SD card?

You can use up to a 32 gig sdhc card on your unit. Both a mp3 folder on the card and internal will result in essentially a merged list and the unit will play from both locations.

Well thanks for the tip. Is there some method in adding music? Do I just add music to the SD card in mp3 folder via my card reader of pc and just put the card into the Go730 or is it more complicated than that? What is the corrrect procedure as I don't want to stuff this up this time?

Just copy the files using Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) or the file manager of your choice. Once the stuff is in the folder on your sdhc card, just insert the card into the unit.

Last edited:

Ask a Question