Where did it go ?

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM Navigon 7200T
Where did they go?

Hello again.
1) Susan is not showing on my TT GPS screen but she is on the device per checking on PC in GPS drive.

edit: Susan returned but I don't know how. Any ideas?

2) I was able to set a personal verbal message warning when near a POI, but I can't find how to get to that spot anymore? I can get to the bells, etc. screen, but not the other one.

edit: I found it. It only comes up when you initially choose a listed POI category. I had to delete the chosen POI category and re-choose it to get that option.

3) I entered my lifetime maps code and was accepted, but had to do a format and copy & paste restore (from windows explorer) when I got the "no map" message after downloading the last map update. The restore did not change any of my adjusted unit settings, so how can I tell if my map code is still accepted? I tried to reenter it but get an error each time.

edit: Still no idea about this one.

4) Any idea when the new maps are coming ? How long does a map update take?
Thank you

Last edited:
For point 2, if your unit has the functionality, then when you see the screen with lots of bell sounds, arrow down and the last icon on the new screen is 'recorded warning'.

For point 3, call CS at 866-486-6866 and have them guide you through it while you are on line.

Thanks dhn. I was looking for the custom TTS entry when approaching a listed POI from what I type in. I gave the wrong idea in my post. I saw the one you mentioned but do not have equipment to do it. I somehow found the custom TTS from typed in posting.
I called and got TT support right away. They checked and said I was still registered for Lifetime maps. THANKS !!
They also said I may have had an error when downloading the current map (not 850) because of my anti-virus or computer sleep mode. Is it a good idea to turn off the anti-virus for a few hours?
AND how do I turn off the sleep mode ?

Last edited:
I would NEVER turn off your anti-virus protection when downloading anything from the internet. Why TT continues to give such stupid and ill-advised information is beyond me.

I would suggest that large downloads be done with a directly connected computer. Especially maps from Tomtom. Their servers seem to 'burp' frequently when the dl is via wireless connection.

Sleep mode would be a Windows settiing after a length of inactivity by the user.

Contol Panel-->Power Options-->First tab (Power Schemes) --< Path in windows XP

Probably a suggestion to temorarily set the last 3 items (Hard Disk, System Standby and Hibernate to 'never' while the dl is taking place.

Will follow your advice when I see map 850 is available. You steered me right with backup, which I needed after the first map update error! Maybe the 4+ hour download was caused because I did not turn off the hibernate mode.

Ask a Question