Where can I get the Cradle/dock

I just purchased a refurb tom tom rider for my bike but it did not come with a mounting cradle. I have found one on amazon but cannot find the docking style that supplies power to the unit. I also heard they suck and the connections degrade quickly. Any thoughts
\Thanks

I spent several hours and a few phone calls to GPS retailers to track down a bike dock for my tt Rider 2 becasue mine was deffective. I could not find it for sale anywhere; even from TT in the US.

What I found out from a dealer here in Canada who called their TT contact was the dock that comes with the device (4K00.102 which has the power connection) is unavailable for purchase in North America as a part and is only available in the UK. If you go to the UK site you will see it for sale for 45 pounds sterling (about $90 Can.).

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Additional Bike Dock for TomTom RIDER Regional 2ND edition

The curious thing is when TT in the US determined the unit was still under warranty they magically found a new one to ship to me as a replacement.

Have you tried any of the links on the forum home page? That's where I was able to get my car kit.

Rider cradle

Its a Tom Tom Rider 1. I found holders but nothing with a dock to charge for my bike. There are none on ebay. Tom Tom support has been no help either.

The Rider 1 dock is well known to be problematic, and at one time TT was actually replacing them with a Rider2 under warranty.

The dock for the 1 is different than the one for a 2.

Cheers

ps: its a good idea to put your location and model of TT in your signature.

Ask a Question