What's with this email nonsense?

I have threeTomToms and had two before that. That's five.

I can NEVER remember what email address belongs to what unit - plus I have old emails I npo lonegr use, and so I can no longer update those GPS units.

Who is the genius (not!) who thought of this idiotic system? Now every time I connect one of my units I have to try and remember what email address I sued for this one, and every time I buy another one I need to use a different address.

Then again - I think after spending half a day updating this current one (four housr==rs to send a map file to a device using USB2!) it will likely have been my last.

When you connect with one of your devices to Home, it should show the log in email on the top right of the screen.

yes at login look at screen ?

When you connect with one of your devices to Home, it should show the log in email on the top right of the screen.

Or simply use ur brother label maker put a label on bottom of unit?

I have threeTomToms and had two before that. That's five.

I can NEVER remember what email address belongs to what unit - plus I have old emails I npo lonegr use, and so I can no longer update those GPS units.

Who is the genius (not!) who thought of this idiotic system? Now every time I connect one of my units I have to try and remember what email address I sued for this one, and every time I buy another one I need to use a different address.

If you select remember email/pass for each device in HOME, then it auto chooses the proper userID whenever you plug in one of your 5 devices.

Then again - I think after spending half a day updating this current one (four housr==rs to send a map file to a device using USB2!) it will likely have been my last.

This was a bug with the earlier software on the 140 and 340 models. It is resolved in app 9.022 and later.

If you select remember email/pass for each device in HOME, then it auto chooses the proper userID whenever you plug in one of your 5 devices.
Mike, I just checked out HOME and cannot find that setting. Not that I would need it at this time but I am curious.
Thanks, Arno

Arno, on the (Hopme Preferences) first 'general' tab is a checkbox for 'Remember my password on the computer'. That's what Mike is referring to.

If you have a second device attached, Home will recognize it's not a device for which a password is saved and ask for a different email address, which it remembers.

At this point, I have 3 tt devices that I run through Home. As I connect each one to Home, it recognizes what email addy is associated with it and Home shows that as the log in for the specific device.

Ask a Question