What is the real deal with Safety Cameras download for the ONE XL

I've seen several threads surrounding this topic, yet, I haven't managed to find one clear answer. I literally JUST updated to Tomtom Home 2.6.4.1641, and updated the One XL itself and noticed that I has apparently installed Safety Cameras some time ago. I decided to poke around a little bit and notice I had all kinds of cameras installed for all over the world BUT the US.. and started searching the web, which brought me here. It seems some people were able to find a download via TomTom HOME and others weren't. It was also mentioned it's illegal in the US.. which is it? Any straight answers would be much appreciated. thanks in advance!

I honestly do not know about the legality of such warnings in the States. I doubt they are illegal. I'm sure (or hope) some American members will jump in here.

In the meantime, try this link for some poi's that may help you.

There are no laws in knowing where safety cameras are. And in most (probably all) states "safety" cameras have to be labeled as such prior to you driving through them. Here in MD you'll see signs "Red Light Camera" before you get to an intersection with a red light camera.

Ask a Question