What is the difference?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE Classic 30 series Regional
Hi to everyone, I am new with a TT as a Christmas gift. But I am puzzled to exactly which TT I have received!! Is it ONE Classic - as on the box? or ONE (30 series) /125/130 512MB - as per TT website? or ONE V4 as also mentioned on website and on advert?? It would help obviously to know, as for instance in purchasing accessories. :confused:
Any help appreciated to this confused owner in snow bound North Yorkshire. Thanks

What is the difference

Thanks for the helpful reply dhn. This is where I found the info before as my TT being (30 series)/125/130 - whatever all that means ! - But - still do not know what the difference is between "Classic" "30 series" and "V4" etc. I had not come across "30 series" until filled in the box on website. Any enlightenment welcome to this newcomer to the satnav scene. Thanks again

Advice on which Tom Tom Go to buy

Hi,

Im looking to buy a Tom Tom Go, my very first sat nav, and I am looking at the 940 and 950 because I want the maps of USA and Canada and from what ive read its better to pay a bit more now and get all the maps on rather than having to pay later.

Im struggling to decide between the two though. There seem to be more good reviews written on the 940, especially since you get 3 months free triall for the LIVE services as oppose to one month with the 950, but there dont seem to be that many for the 950, especially recent reviews, possibly because it hasn't been out that long so not been tested as much.

From what I have read the main differences between the two are that the 950 unlike the 940, doesn't support an MP3 player nor does it have an FM Transmitter so you cant connect it to the car stereo. The MP3 player isn't really that much of an an issue to me as I dont own an MP3 player and thats what the car stereo is for. From the few reviews I have read, the 950 has an improved speaker and volume so it should be easy to clearly hear instructions from the in built speaker. The biggest difference is the new eco-routes function which the 950 has for calculating the most fuel efficient route and some additions to the HD and Live services i believe which would only really be useful for someone who does extensive driving daily, which I certainly dont.

However its slighly disappointing to see that TOM TOM havent included these features on the 950 also since its suppose to be an upgrade, not a down grade.

The reviews I have read on the 950 have mostly said that if your not a regular driver and money is an issue, then the extra cost to buy the 950 isnt really worth the extra functions, as the 940 supports all the other functions. However, the price quoted for the 950 in most of the reviews I have read has been ?299 or more so its understandable that you would think twice about paying that, but the price has now dropped and on Amazon is now ?251. The 940 is going for about ?240, so not much difference now.

Im just wondering if you or anyone else who has used either of these models, or both, and has an opinion on which of the 2 models to buy. The price of the two arent that different now so is it better to buy the latest model in order to be up to date or are there know operating issues with the 950.

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Costa

SuperMod, Mikealder, has used both and candidly feels the 940 is overall a better unit. The 950, despite a higher number, has fewer features.

I suspect he'll add to this thread in short order.

Ask a Question