What do you think of this Carcomm Cradle for TT Go x20?

TomTom Model(s)
920T
I'm looking for an easy plug in and go Cradle for my TT 920T and I think I found the one. I want something that I can just drop my TT into and start using right away without having to mess with plugging in cables. Right now it take me over 1 minute to plug the TMC Antenna in, the power in and then mount it on the TT windshield holder (which sometimes can be a pain in the a$$).

Carcomm TomTom 520/720/920 Cradle Review:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/carcomm-tomtom-x20-cradle-a1966.php

Place to buy in USA:
http://www.kudausa.com/tomtom_go_520___720___920_navigation_cradle-1308.html#

More places to buy in UK:
http://www.totalpda.co.uk/Carcomm-CNM-160-Navigation-Cradle-TomTom-GO-520-720-920.aspx#productimage
http://www.pdaplus.nl/catalog/carcomm-cnm160-holder-p-2631.html

It's kind of pricey but for the ease of getting my TT up and running I don't mind the price.

Last edited:
I, too, am looking at the Carcomm cradle. It is pricy but seems very convenient.
It has been noted that there is not "hole" or port for an Audio Aux cable in/out of the device to a car audio system which I might favor.

The other model mentioned seems UK based and I don't know if they ship to the US. In addition, they do not show how it actually connects to the various cables. I also don't see a price for it.

I, too, am looking at the Carcomm cradle. It is pricy but seems very convenient.
It has been noted that there is not "hole" or port for an Audio Aux cable in/out of the device to a car audio system which I might favor.

I bet it would be an easy mod to drill a hole for the Audio Aux cable on the Carcomm cradle. It would void the warranty though. I'm ordering mine today.

I bet it would be an easy mod to drill a hole for the Audio Aux cable on the Carcomm cradle. It would void the warranty though. I'm ordering mine today.

Darn, you will probably get the last one in stock! I'm still trying to decide if I can find a Verizon phone that will work with my 920 - $$$$$$$:eek:

Here is my Carcomm Cradle mounted in my H3

Got my Carcomm cradle yesterday. Works great. No more fumbling around with cables. Just insert and go.

6a00e3989b1558000200e398d1697a0005-500pi

Side view:
6a00e3989b1558000200e398d1614d0004-500pi

Original TT mount:
6a00e3989b1558000200e398d151ab0002-500pi

Thanks for posting back and for the photos.

It does seem a bit thick but the convenience would override that issue, I suspect.

I may spring for it this week.

Thanks for posting back and for the photos.

It does seem a bit thick but the convenience would override that issue, I suspect.

I may spring for it this week.

I bought a 'Car Vent CUSTOM SWIVEL Mount for TOMTOM GO 920 720 520' on EBAY for $9.99 + shipping and I am very happy with it. It clips onto the air vent and fits snugly onto my Go 720.

Search EBAY for 'Car Vent CUSTOM SWIVEL Mount for TOMTOM GO 920 720 520' and you will see a number of them listed by the same seller. I have an Acura MDX (which is also what they show in the picture on the sellers EBAY store) and it works well in this.

Good value for $9.99 and a solution for California where Windshields mounts are forbidden.

I bought a 'Car Vent CUSTOM SWIVEL Mount for TOMTOM GO 920 720 520' on EBAY for $9.99 + shipping and I am very happy with it. It clips onto the air vent and fits snugly onto my Go 720.

Search EBAY for 'Car Vent CUSTOM SWIVEL Mount for TOMTOM GO 920 720 520' and you will see a number of them listed by the same seller. I have an Acura MDX (which is also what they show in the picture on the sellers EBAY store) and it works well in this.

Good value for $9.99 and a solution for California where Windshields mounts are forbidden.

I'd be curious to know how much having the TT strapped to the vent impacts the use of the cars environmental controls. Although we here in Southern California rarely use heat (the latest stint of cool weather being an exception vice a norm), we DO use A/C for a large majority of the year. How does the vent blockage from the mount impact cooling of the vehicle or, more precisely, cooling of the driver.

I'd be curious to know how much having the TT strapped to the vent impacts the use of the cars environmental controls. Although we here in Southern California rarely use heat (the latest stint of cool weather being an exception vice a norm), we DO use A/C for a large majority of the year. How does the vent blockage from the mount impact cooling of the vehicle or, more precisely, cooling of the driver.

Yes I wondered about that as well - but for $9.99 I thought I would give it a try. I have had it for about a week now and it doesn't seem to affect the ventilation. I northern CA we have had some cooler weather this week so I have used the the heating and it seems fine.

If you look at the vendors more detailed pictures it is not covering much of the vent.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I do have a question for the Carcom cradle owners as well. How about vibration of the unit when on the extension arm as shown in the pictures from DarkEye. I have one of the flexible are mounts now and the unit does seem to vibrate a bit more than I like unless I have it in a certain position. Now, this is partially due to the fact that the front end of my SUV is out of alignment but I'm curious to see if anyone else has this problem.

See attached showing my TomTom Go 720 using the 'Car Vent CUSTOM SWIVEL Mount for TOMTOM GO 920 720 520' bought on EBAY. Per my previous message it doesn't seem to affect the ventilation.

Attachments

• PIC-14.jpg
    PIC-14.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 351

Ask a Question