Tom tom cradle

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Biffer, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Biffer

Biffer

TomTom Model(s):
    pro truck 7100
    I own 2 Tom Tom pro 7100 and seem to be having problems with them both not picking up any gps signal everytime i put them in the cradle.When not in the cradle there both fine.Any ideas .They charge ok when in it.Ive updated them both.Also reset(holding for 10 sec Drum roll) I Really need it for work!
    Biffer

Biffer, Aug 29, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Biffer

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
    Hard to imagine what docking these units would have to do with GPS reception, but ...

Your 7100 is what we call a "Nav3" generation unit, so you should be able to observe your GPS status directly on the device.

From the main screen, Settings / left arrow / GPS status
    While IN the vehicle with the device undocked and happy (good GPS lock), have a look at that screen and tell us what you see with regard to number of 'green' satellites (It will say "Lock: x satellites" in the upper right) and the signal strength % in the far upper right. Then, with that screen operating, dock the unit and tell us what, if anything, changes.

canderson, Aug 30, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question