What about macs with the 3rd edition?

I have yet to see any posts about 3rd edition ONEs not working with macs. You need Version 2 HOME for the 3rd edition to run correctly. I tried running the 3rd edition hooked to HOME 1.5, and it won't do much. Says no updates available (i.e. incompatible) Worse, it thinks the ONE is a GO.

So I have a version 1 updated to 7.131 (the most current) with a 675 map, and a 3rd running 7.101 with 705 map. Oh boy.

Version 2x HOME is not available for the Mac. Argghhhh.

Has anyone been able to do an update with 3rd on a Mac successfully?

I will try the old 'SD card direct' trick, and see how badly I can manually mangle the files.

I have the same question.

And also for clarification, if u do use HOME 1.5, and it thinks you are using a GO instead of the ONE, does that mean there actually ARE updates available? It always says none available but is that because it's not compatable with the mac?

Good point.

For the nav program, yes the most current is 7.131, and the most current map (I used a windows machine with a fresh copy of HOME) seems o be v705.1497

Using the mac with HOME1.5 actually says something like "no compatible updates available for this device." Which is odd, since it has the device type wrong.

My 1st edition ONE has map 6.75, and also runs App7.131. It seems to be exactly the same as 3rd. edition ONE running App7.131 - which makes sense I guess.

I wish I knew what the mapping differences between map 6.75 and 7.131 were.

Home 1.6 instead of 1.5

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. I use a PC at work, and when I checked on that computer I found that there actually were updates available. I emailed TomTom support, and they sent me a link to Home v1.6 instead of 1.5, which is on the website. This is what they told me:

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding TomTom HOME not downloading QuickGPSFix data. My goal is to provide you with an exceptional customer experience, and I hope to achieve it.

First you should uninstall TomTom HOME v1.5 and download v1.6 from www.tomtom.com/7445. This should fix most of the problems. If you are still experiencing any of these issues, let us know.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
"

I don't know why the dmg that comes off the website is version 1.5, but 1.6 now picks up my One 3rd Edition as a One (and not a GO). Once you install 1.6, you will be able to download updates. However, I still can't seem to operate my One from my Mac, something that I can do using Home 2 on a pc. Not a big deal for me at this point; I'm just glad I can finally update the quick fix thing :)

Ask a Question