Weird Routing, App 8.351, Map 8.30, GO720

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720 with 920 POI's
This kinda goes along with mvl's "bug" thread but I'm not sure if it's a U-turn limit or a left turn restriction. I don't think it's a left turn issue because it routes you through two left turns instead of just taking the one directly onto the off ramp. I also thought they had removed the 5 min U-turn issue.

In Oxford, Al, going north on hwy 21 and turning onto I-20 heading West there's a left turn involved. During routing with the TT it routes you past the turn to Hamric Dr (US-78) where you make a left turn, then another left turn onto Hale St, then a right turn back onto Hy-21 then another immediate right turn onto the off ramp for I-20.

Any ideas why the TT is trying to route like this. Google routes you correctly so I don't think it's a map error.

I-20 eventually goes parallel to I-21, so I bet in some weird way tomtom thinks this is a u-turn. The left turn onto the onramp does exhibit the same u-turn 5 minute delay, and can be fixed by the same mapshare workaround.

Tomtom has not corrected/changed the 5 minute delay yet.

The U-turn scenario explains it then. It's a rather sharp turn so I wondered if the TT saw it as a u-turn rather than a left turn. Thanks for the reply and straightening me out about the u-turn restriction not being fixed.

Ask a Question