Weird NJ POI

Being from Jersey, me and a couple buddies often look up weird NJ stuff. Would be great if someone knows of any compilation of the sits on a POI list and could link me to that. I checked a bunch of sites but may have missed it.

Here's a POI I compiled myself with about 70 different sites you'll be familiar with from Weird NJ. The .bmp is a cartoon ghost icon that shows up when you're near the location. The sound file is a ghostly "ooooo" that plays at the same time. Let me know what you think. I haven't verified that they are all right on the money, but I got all the coordinates from google earth. If you come across any others, let me know and I can add them to the list. I'm still trying to get a location on The Devil's Hole in Cedar Grove that was mentioned in the latest issue.

Attachments

• WeirdNJ.zip
    47.5 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Thanks...

Glad you liked it. I have it on my 910 and it works. I'm not sure how it works on other models. I used PoiEdit and collected the data from Google Earth. As new issues of Weird NJ came out, I added to the list. I still have a few places I'd like to add but can't find the locations yet. If there's something you want added, let me know...

Thank you for the work...any chance you can form something for my garmin too...i tried to change this to garmin but had no luck.

Garmin and Weird NJ w/ updates

Here's the .csv for Garmin of my Weird NJ POI. I've actually added a few sites to it since my last post. I also changed the icon to Casper The Ghost that I found here if you want a better looking icon. I'm probably having the same problem as you, when I open my file in POI Edit, it won't open it right away, I have to choose to open it as a Garmin CSV. I've tested it on my wife's Nuvi and it works, so let me know how you make out with this.

Attachments

• Weird_NJ.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 402
I was driving last night and the noise came up. It doesn't come up too often, so it startles me.. wtf is that I said.. then I realized. I pulled over and opened the Weird NJ POI.. Frankenstein's Grave? Near Camden, NJ or somewhere close to that?

I searched online and find no mention of that. I find a Frankenstein's Grave in Ohio.. I also find mention to the grave in New Brunswick in the movie theater parking lot.

Is your POI just designed to get me to drive into Camden after midnight to get robbed? :)

Ask a Question