Weird behavior - road disappears

I've had my TT1 for two weeks now, and just took my first long trip with it. I saw a weird behavior a couple of times.

Driving along on a real, mapped road, the road disappeared off the map for a few seconds, leaving the screen essentially empty, and then returned. I can't imagine that the device lost its GPS fix, since I was out in the open -- no buildings, not even trees (I was in the valley of the Delaware, but I don't think the surrounding mountains were big enough to cut off too much of the sky). In any case, the road was straight, so dead reckoning should have kept me on the map anyway.

Has anyone encountered this before?

The real test would be to verify if it does the same thing each time you drive thru that area. In that case, I would suspect the map. But if you can't repeat the event, then it's just the GPS gods playing with us.

(By the way, the last Pope designated a patron saint for the internet. Perhaps they should consider a patron saint for GPS devices!)

mine too!

same area twice and only in that area, map sometime showed curves in the road and the road was straight, some of the area had tall pine trees, I think mine was both tree blockage and map not updated correct,

I had a similar event where the Tomtom could not put our location on the map as if it kept losing our position. it was very irritating!

Happened to me driving through Arkansas. Went back the same route a month later, and the same thing happened. The good thing is that it eventually works itself out, and while it kept telling me to turn around, there was nowhere to turn around, so staying the course fixed everything in a few minutes.

I haven't had it happen when I was anywhere near a destination/turn yet, so the effect has yet to really screw me.

Ask a Question