Want to try movies on my 720, Tomplayer or Mobilnova?

Just been reading a bit about both, tomplayer sounds good because its free, mobilnova sounds like it works pretty slick out of the box etc.

What are users on this boards experience? I prefer to support the open source community and if the product is good I have no problem donating to the authors, but mobilnova is also reasonably priced, so I thought I would check and see if any users here would like to share their experiences..

thanks in advance

Novice?

Both players do a decent job. Mobilnova is buggy. Tomplayer is less buggy but harder to install an doesn't include a converter but free. Everything Mobilnova does can be done with free open source software but if you are not familiar with video conversion, it may be too involved unless you are patient and willing to learn. I personally would choose Tomplayer because it is less buggy and i enjoy messing with encoding. I would take extra time to learn how to convert/encode video and the initial difficult installation instead of getting buggy software where i have to wait for the software programmer to fix the bugs.

Ask a Question