waiting for a valid gps signal

After the update do a reset and it should fix the problem. Now i can use the option "shut down when no external power" cause sometimes i forget and leave it on :rolleyes:

Just got an email from TomTom about the no gps signal and it said the update has been updated again and if you connect your unit to MyTomTom Home it would download the update. I have the Via 1405tm and when I connected it to my computer it said my unit was up to date. Anyone else have this problem.

They're trying to 'push' the fix to units as soon as the unit is connected to the computer. In other words, no need to get the MyTomTom web page to open and the user to need to 'get new items'.

If the fix HAS worked for you (you do get the GPS signal now), then I wouldn't worry about it.

If you can't get the GPS lock, then try clearing the cache in your desktop's Settings menu and save the settings.

Also, because a file is 'pushed' without having to open the webpage, you need to look at what the desktop icon is showing AND the unit itself. You may indeed have gotten the updated file and not noticed.

you may need to do a hard reset of the unit. Go into settings and do it from there. I had to last night and forgot to say that.

Ask a Question