Voice Recognition in New Zealand

TLD

TomTom Model(s)
go730
Hi guys

Just got a GO 730 here in New Zealand. The 'Spoken Address' feature is greyed out. After an extensive Google I have found conflicting information - some say it is disabled in New Zealand, others that it is available for this model.

There is also something about dowloading 'cspeach' files.

Is it doable?

Many thanks for any information.

Do you have csspeechxx.dat files in your New Zealand map folder? Also, do you have a Loquendo folder in the root of your unit? If so, then Voice Recognition should be possible. Create a text file called support_asr.dat with just a 1 in it, no spaces, quotes or anything else. Use Explorer to place the file in the asr folder. And try a pin reset.

Does that help?

Thanks for your suggestions dhn. I have all the files in place other than the csspeachxx.dat but I have since made extensive research and it appears VR is not available in New Zealand. We don't have a lot of roads here, (I have waited years for an excuse to get a GPS navigator as it is hard to get lost here) and from what I have read, the cspeach.dat file would be nearly as big as the mao file!

So looks like I will have to manage without.

There seem to be a fair number of roads there. I've been fortunate enough to visit there twice (North Island mostly -- a gorgeous country). To be honest with you, many with the capability to use VR find the novelty wears off after a while and revert back to the good old fingers!

Voice recognition

I too am in New Zealand and have been in touch with TomTom Support on the issue of voice recognition as well as advanced lane guidance. Apparently, New Zealand maps do not have this feature. I have Australian map on my system and both of these features work fine for the ozzie map. Hope that helps
Cheers

Ask a Question