Voice message without street names!

Hey this is my first post on the forum--XXL 550 user.

Sorry if this is a basic question, but does anyone know if there is an preference setting on the voice controls that allows the voice to say the names of the street/route the car is to turn next? I am used to Garmin gps for work and i remember that this uses street/route names automatically.

Its very frustrating when you are approaching a multiple highway entrance/exit ramp and this unit says "turn right on the highway" ...ok, which exit? :confused:

thanks anyone who can help!

There are two types of voices available. One is what we call a 'recorded' voice. It is capable of providing only basic directional information and distances. However, you can get lots of them. You can even have Yoda tell you "When possible, turn around you must". However, you get no street names.

The other type is what we call a 'computer' voice (as does your TomTom). This takes the textual material from the map data, including street names, and gives its best shot at trying to pronounce them. For the most part, it does so pretty well.

I don't own an EasyMenu unit like yours, so you may have to poke around a bit to find the voice selection menu. Go to your "Change preferences", find "Voice preferences", and "Change voice" or something along those lines. You'll see that your voices have names. ONE of those will be a computer voice, and will say "English, US" after it. Select that and use it and you'll see an immediate difference.

great info

Thanks Canderson. We switched it back to computer voice and it works as you indicated. Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me?God Bless you!

Ask a Question