Voice message cut short

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by mandh, Oct 31, 2007.

1. mandh

mandh

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom One
    I received the 7.x upgrade for my TomTom One Ver.2 (E serial number) over the weekend and when using it yesterday noticed that the voice info is cut off before being completed. I'm using a John Clease voice and when the message "right turn in 800 yards" is given, the "yards" part of the message is cut off. Anyone else notice this?

Harv

mandh, Oct 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. mandh

wlepse

TomTom Model(s):
    One v4
    I have noticed it with the Austin Powers voice, not sure what causes it though. Maybe there is a max length of time it allows???

wlepse, Oct 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. mandh

(COP)Sli

TomTom Model(s):
    TOMTOM ONE
    No i think TomTom did this on purpose The john Clease voice use to be a free voice but now i see they chargin money for it. They couldnt delete it off our TT but they could make it do what it is doing Geuss they just showing what type of company they really are. I geuss they dont make enough to give back to there loyal customers :mad: :mad:

(COP)Sli, Oct 31, 2007
  4. mandh

Peaty

I've noticed that as well, mine is the "E" SN too.

Peaty, Nov 2, 2007
  5. mandh

adagio

TomTom Model(s):
    One 2nd edition
    Quite the leap of faith to 'think' they did it on purpose, then to start accusing them of not being loyal to their customers. Remains me of when your spouse has a dream you are unfaithful, then gets all mad at you the next day.;)

Let's see if there is some other reason first for the voice cutoff.

adagio, Nov 2, 2007
  6. mandh

Thom

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider V2, OneLE, XXL540TM
    Here is a thought...

Are you running other (non-TomTom) applications or is this a device that can be used to transport music or pictures? (I didn't re-read the first post to see specifics).

Could you be taxing the processor and it's not able to multi-task as much as we'd like? :confused:

I've got the Rider and my probmen was with the Bluetooth connection. It was connecting and disconnecting each cycle and wasn't re-connecting as fast as I'd wished. I found it was basically due to the (bluetooth) speaker I was utilizing.

Thom, Nov 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question