.VIF file question, what do the numbers mean?

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
Follow these easy steps:
How to install the voices

There is no magic or high-tech trickery involved in installing your newly purchased voices, but we strongly advise you to make a full backup of your SD card (Classic, 300, 500) or your Hard Drive (700) before you make any changes to the software on your TomTom GO. When your TomTom GO is connected to a computer through a USB port always wait until any action you are running (copying the files, upgrading the application, installing the maps) is complete before disconnecting or switching of the GO. Failure to do so may damage the data on the SD card or the Hard Drive.

The voice package from this site comes in a compressed (zipped) folder voice_name.zip and contains three files:

dataXX.chk - the voice file
dataXX.vif - the voice description file
dataXX.bmp - the voice picture file

where XX is the voice number, for instance data05.chk, which, incidentally, is "Jane". The standard TomTom voice files are not accompanied by the picture files. You will need to copy all three files to the directory where the voice files are kept on your TomTom GO...

==

A quick question for Giorgio57, or anyone who can help: :eek:

I played around with making my voice files, converting them to ogg, and used Graeme Lucas' awesome winVIF tool to create my package. All that said, the three files are created, a .bmp, a .vif and a .chk file. (I had to rename the .vif file to dataxx.vif but other than that, it works... but

In the .vif file when comparing them to the standard files from TT, Graeme's program only put basic info on two lines. I had to adlib and change the lines in the file to :

English (US) - Canadian, Eh?
data71.chk
Canadian, Eh?

because all the output from Graeme's program put was

Canadian
data71.chk

(and that's it)...the 910 didn't label it right until I changed it to mimic the standard files.

Now, the main question I have is: What do the numbers beneath the package name indicate (the numbers below "Canadian, Eh?"...2, 0, 110, 1 ??

lbolen

Ask a Question