Via 135 Indicator Light?

TomTom Model(s)
Via 135 and GO700
I have just purchased a VIA 135 (I already have an 8 year old GO700). The documentation, or rather the lack of it, on the new device is appalling. OK I have sorted out the basics, updated the maps and I'm pleased with the device. In particular the Bluetooth interface to my HTC One is superb and provides true hands free telephone usage which is the main reason for the purchase.
On the front of the device on the screen surround at the top or the bottom (depending on which way up you use the thing) is a small aperture which appears to be an LED indicator. No light appears when the device is plugged into the car socket or to the computer so I'm left wondering is it something other than an LED or is it just not working. Can anyone enlighten me please. My GO700 has an LED on the front which lights up when the unit is receiving external power which I find quite useful.

Many thanks in advance for any replies to my query.

All models do have an indicator light, I believe. Are you sure the light isn't just dim on the device?

BUT, that said............

The opening you refer to may be the microphone opening on the device.

Sitting in the cradle or connected to the CLA my GO 930 has that green LED at the bottom H corner.
Neither my Via 1535 nor the higher end GO LIVE 1535 have any indication of being connected to external power.

As dhn said, you may be looking ar the opening for the microphone.

Attachments

• Via-1535_Microphone..jpg
    Via-1535_Microphone..jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 344
@dhn
As a sample...

The Via 1535 has no external indicator of connection to external power.
The Via 1606 has no external indicator ...
The GO 1535 has no external indicator ...

In fact, none of the units I've seen with the power switch on the rear of the unit have an indicator on the front. Last unit I've owned with an indicator is my GO740 whose button on top lights up green/orange.

My error...... was thinking of the green light on the ciggy lighter charger. Too early on a Sunday for me to try to make meaningful replies ........:(

Haven't been by Timmy's for your morning coffee yet?

? And here I thought you were both big fans! No?

No, I do not like Timmies, I prefer Tim Horton's, from whence I just returned.

And no, _I_ did it right; see #3!

Um... when I said "Timmie's", I did mean to imply Horton's.

Ask a Question