ver 7.120 The "help me" Icon is working? ( Z model )

I was reading here that the new software release for the "Z" models. After updating, some people where saying the " Help ME" icon didnt work. Well, it works on mine. The first aid guide isnt available, but using the " Drive for help " works fine. Guide to nearest Hosp/Pharmacy/Police and repair station all worked good. The "Walk to helped" all worked, but the nearest gas station didnt show the stations in my area. I also tried the "Phone for help" icon and it even had the phone number for my out-in-the-sticks township Sherrif.

I'm impressed with these new features. Just hope I never run out of gas.

Anyways, just thought I'd mention it.

Well in the thread I started the help icon doesn't exist if you have any third party apps on...but yes the help icon does wor with those removed but there is no first aid, other guides or info for doctors, dentists or vets.

Other app's? I'm a newbie, what other apps are there?

I posted this thread because another member stated he was worried it wouldnt work if his wife needed a quick reference to a Hosp, ect.

Yes, I see the Doc and Dent icons are darkened. I would assume it means they have plan's to add them in the future.

Other app's? I'm a newbie, what other apps are there?

I posted this thread because another member stated he was worried it wouldnt work if his wife needed a quick reference to a Hosp, ect.

Yes, I see the Doc and Dent icons are darkened. I would assume it means they have plan's to add them in the future.

That may have been me...I do have Navcore 7 running now without apps and it does function OK. There are some great additions but there are still a few bugs. I just hope TT fixes these because the help function is much easier for the wife to figure out....just a little bit more intuitive.

But I have been in contact with TT support and they tell me that the Navcore 7 we get is the "Lite" version...so the functions that currently do not work may never work and I wonder if there is much of a reason for them to fix the firmware bugs since it was a free upgrade and not teh same that is used on the newer units like the 720 (at least according to TT online support).

By 'other app's' wlepse is reffering to 3rd party apps such as Tripmaster and Suntime. Check out the 3rd party forum for more info on that.

My help icons work aswell...

{And i do have 3rd party appds installed}

Serial : E2xxxxxxxxxx

Pity the audio is borking still on mp3 etc... but a great step forward.

What apps do you have and how did you do the install? Maybe it is a difference between E and Z serial numbers???? SO far I have tested the following and all caused the Help icon to disapear: blackout, flashlight, calculator, fuel control, suntime, offroad, tripmaster and reverse ITN. Based on what you are saying it sounds like you are referring to Mobilnova?

hmm.. I removed my 3rd party apps (except Mobilnova) and it doesn't show. Do I need to remove Mobilnova as well?

I removed the catapps, their respective folders (suntime, tripmaster etc), the icons in the sdkregistry folder and cleanup.txt

Am I missing anything?

hmm.. I removed my 3rd party apps (except Mobilnova) and it doesn't show. Do I need to remove Mobilnova as well?

I removed the catapps, their respective folders (suntime, tripmaster etc), the icons in the sdkregistry folder and cleanup.txt

Am I missing anything?

Yep! I think you also have to remove the sdkregistry directory/folder itself.

For some reason, that directory's existence triggers some corruption of the TT system code, such that the "Help me" icon takes a hike to who knows where?
:eek:

I have a ONE v2 Z SN. after ther 7.x upgrade the help me icon was gone. I actually had 2 - tour guide "?" icons. I had 3rd party app suntime. Removing that app the Help me icon came back and works perfect. I am not ruling out OE when installing 3rd party app.

Yep! I think you also have to remove the sdkregistry directory/folder itself.

For some reason, that directory's existence triggers some corruption of the TT system code, such that the "Help me" icon takes a hike to who knows where?
:eek:
Thanks! But the sdkregistry folder seemed to have some mobilnova stuff (possibly their icons). Does it mean I can't have mobilnova?

Edit: Yeah you're right. It's the sdkregistry.. so it's Mobilnova + rousillat's apps or "Help Me" hmm....that's a no brainer lol.

Last edited:
I don't know how Mobilnova works but SunTime works fine on my TT1 without the SuntimeReg folder. If you rename the sdkregistry folder on the TT1 sdkregistry old, you will lose the Suntime icon & configuration menu & get back the Help Me function & a single Guided Tour. The plus is that SunTime still works (configuration is in the Config.txt.) If this method is not compatable with Mobilnova you can always rename it back. Goodluck.

Last edited:

Ask a Question