v8.10 maps, any review/opinions

Anyone have the maps v8.10 yet? Wondering how you like it. Does the routing seem to be better? Any opinions or thoughts? Thanks...

Well it's certainly no worse, and possibly a little better

Anyone have the maps v8.10 yet? Wondering how you like it. Does the routing seem to be better? Any opinions or thoughts? Thanks...

I've got it, the routing seems about the same for me, but I've been happy to find that the changes I've entered in earlier maps are in map 8.10 (or at least the MapShare update carried over). So far no regressions, but I've only tried it on my daily commute routes.

I haven't been able to set off ALG yet. Actually I wish I could enter ALG data for some of the confusing freeway ramps in my area (e.g. get off the freeway to stay on the freeway, follow the lane right to go left...).

Are features like ALG enabled for the 920 with this map?

Supposed to be. When I touched the ALG icon before installing the map I used to get an error message that my map wasn't capable. I'm not getting that error message any more, it's an enable/disable toggle switch. But enabling it doesn't mean it'll show up at every confusing freeway junction, just some of the major ones TomTom decided to highlight. I expect coverage to be better in areas where the outlines of buildings show up (indicating more time & attention was spent).

I've got it, the routing seems about the same for me, but I've been happy to find that the changes I've entered in earlier maps are in map 8.10 (or at least the MapShare update carried over). So far no regressions, but I've only tried it on my daily commute routes.

I haven't been able to set off ALG yet. Actually I wish I could enter ALG data for some of the confusing freeway ramps in my area (e.g. get off the freeway to stay on the freeway, follow the lane right to go left...).

that's awesome to hear - mapshare updates definitely do not carry over. i assume mapshare changes will be implemented in most of the map updates from here on out. glad to hear it's happening! i'm excited that each iteration of map update from here on out will be increasingly more accurate.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.52 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Well it worked for me! Since I'm in the most confusing highways in US (houston) some routes are updated as well the POI. Before I used to go to my friends house using my TT I end up in a blocked road now i tested it again and it worked fine

Ask a Question