v.720 won't install

TomTom Model(s)
I went the "open a question" route and the v.720 North American and Western/Central Europe versions were added to my account for download. Both appear to have downloaded to my computer (both are in the Download section of TomTom home) but the install to my device failed on each. Both now appear in TomTom Home as items previously downloaded that can be installed but the install from there fails also. I get an "invalid path" error. My question, can I simply extract the files from the zip file to my device to complete the update? Also, what is the "activation_map_50193.cab" file's purpose?

I went the "open a question" route and the v.720 North American and Western/Central Europe versions were added to my account for download. Both appear to have downloaded to my computer (both are in the Download section of TomTom home) but the install to my device failed on each. Both now appear in TomTom Home as items previously downloaded that can be installed but the install from there fails also. I get an "invalid path" error. My question, can I simply extract the files from the zip file to my device to complete the update? Also, what is the "activation_map_50193.cab" file's purpose?

The cab file extraction is needed to validate the map so that our unit can 'see' it.

I would try buying a sd card of at least 2 gigs, format for fat32, and try installing one map (again) to the unit using Home and the other using Home to the sd card.

Is this the error you are getting?

NA715error.jpg

If so, you need to contact Support and they will sort it out for you.

Actually the error is "This item can not be installed on this kind of device". I think the previous poster may have identified the problem, for some reasons these maps must be installed on an sd card. I do have sd card, I'll gave that a try.

Ask a Question