Go 720 Won't Start.

Hi All,

My Go 720 has decided to stop at the start-up picture the power button is pressed.
I have tried to reset the unit a number of times but this has not fixed the problem.
If I hold the on button for over 5secs I get a status screen with the parameters of the unit.

What did I do, I had a 3rd party for height installed, but this did not work under 8.3. The information I had was to remove it from the directory. I believed I had done this, but it appears I might of removed something else that should still be there.

Can someone please help to recover my Go 720 back to normal operation for New Zealand.

Regards

Kevin.

Try holding the pin reset at the same time as the power button for 10 sec.

If this works and hopefully it will , then as long as you have an (explorer ) backup from before you put 3rd party software in then you can format your unit then restore your unit with your backup.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I did try your suggestion but it still didn't work.
I had to format and reinstall everything. Hoping I have gotten everything on again.

Regards
Kevin.

I had the same issue immediately after installing the latest NavCore and no amount of pin resets would correct it. Note that unlike Sparcnz, I didn't change any contents--I just updated the unit through Home.

I used a similar fix: reconnect to the same PC, drop in my OS-level pre-install backup, & install the update again, which worked.

Ask a Question