720 won't start

TomTom Model(s)
Hello,

I have a 720, it remains on the TT logo. I tried resset fot 5 seconds up to 3 minutes and when it starts it stays on "select a map" western europe but the screen doesn't respond.
It doesn't turn off except with the reset. Help. Thank you.
Baudouin

Connect to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home, backup. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

Then delete all the loose files in the root of the computer, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application that will be offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the device disconnect icon.

Any better?
Hi, thank you.

If the TT doesn't work, I assume it is because some files are corrupted. If I make a copy, a back up, it will also be corrupted...and the restored TT will also be corrupted. Am I wrong ?

Baudouin

When you delete the existing loose files, the presumption is that a new download will contain proper files. If so, and the device then works, make a new Explorer backup and remove the old Explorer backup from your computer.

Ask a Question