Go 720 won't turn on.

i connected my tt 720 to the pc to put some songs in it. when i turned on the device it asked if i wanted to connect with my pc so i tapped yes and then it turned off automatically. i tried to turn it back on nothing worked. tried to reset it many times but still no improvements. can anyone please help me?

yes i have a backup (but dont understand what u mean by explorer backup) and the battery is 100% charged

can someone please help me? i will be travelling soon, and i really need the gps to work. please if anyone can tell me anything that would be great.

This is what I mean by an Explorer backup.

When you talk about doing a reset, you ARE referring to a pin reset in the bottom of the unit, aren't you? And you are using the proper hole? (Sorry, but I have to ask).

Do you have a sdhc card in the unit? If so, can you take it out and try to reboot.

yes thats how i tried to reset my device. it didnt work before but few hours later i tried it again and then it worked. but buddy i have a problem after resetting the device, which is it doesnt transmit the music to my fm radio eventhough the device is telling me that it is tranmitting. what can i do?

ok another big problem showed up. everytime i connect my tt 720 with the pc it asks if i want to connect. i tap yes then same problem happens again. it wont turn on. what should i do?

Connect to the computer (not Home) and download and run the Clear Flash tool found here Run it 3 times. Disconnect your unit properly from the computer (using the Hardware Device disconnect icon). Does it boot up properly?

If so, connect to Home. Does it connect properly now?

If not and if you DO have a backup (preferably using Explorer), then format the unit. Don't use quickformat. Restore the backup.

Any better?

but the problem is everytime i connect to the pc without opening home, it asks if i want to connect to the pc but when i tap yes, the same problem happens again. it shuts down. and i can't power it up, neither can i reset it.

You don't need to have it powered up to reset it. Just use the paper clip in the reset hole and make sure it 'engages'. Then try to turn on the unit.

no, i know that i dont need power to reset it. but the problem is even when i try to reset it with a pin it wont reset neither will it turn on.

Does the unit work OK when not connected to the PC?

If so what version of Navcore software have you got installed to the device (tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box and the resultant screen will tell you the version (8,351 is the latest))

If the issue is only present when you connect to the PC try a different lead (any mini USB cable will suffice) and make sure its plugged in to one of the USB sockets on the motherboard of the PC usually all of these are at the back of the "puter" - Mike

my version is 8. something. yes the device does work. but the problem is everytime i connect tt 720 to pc it asks if i want to connect to pc. so i tap yes. then it shuts down and i can't turn it back on. even resetting wont work. after many long hourse when i try to reset it then it works. and when i try to connect to my pc, same story happens again. i tried to usb port but no improvements.

I've heard of that on a few devices, it's a bug with app 8.351. If you plug into the computer, then pin reset with the device plugged in, then turn on the Tomtom (still plugged in), does it connect to the computer?

I've heard of that on a few devices, it's a bug with app 8.351. If you plug into the computer, then pin reset with the device plugged in, then turn on the Tomtom (still plugged in), does it connect to the computer?

No it doesn't work. I am starting to hate my TT 720.

Sounds like the same issue here. But you don't have the ability to turn on the device as easily.

You could, at your own risk, try the update option in that thread.

When I've had this and other bizarre start-up problems with my TT I've called TT support and they've guided me through some steps to reset that involve more than just pushing the reset button once. I would call them, they've always helped me. I ended up with a free N. America map update in the process, too.

Good luck,

Heather

Ask a Question