GO 720 Won't Turn On If in Sun

Hi,

I have a TT 720. I've found that if I leave it mounted on my windshield in the day and it gets too hot, it won't turn on. I'll try to reset it, let it cool down, etc but it will not turn on.

Eventually after several hours, it will turn on go thru a reset process and then work as normal. Does anyone else have this problem?

It's Fall where I live and not extremely hot. I find it hard to believe that everyone has to take their TT down from the window mount to prevent this from happening. If this only happens to mine, I'm guessing I may need to call TT and have them replace it.

Thanks.

You would be surprised how hot the sun can get through a window, even in the Fall.

A more significant issue is "Why on Earth would you leave your unit attached when you are not in the car?"

If I misinterpreted your message and, indeed, you are in the car whenever the unit is there, I apologize.

However, if you leave it unattended, well........eventually you are going to have bigger problems than the unit not turning on.

Secured parking....under video surveillance....25 feet from office window :D

Had the 930 get so hot the screen was black :eek: and it was just Florida heat :eek: not in direct sunlight.

Ask a Question