Using iphone for traffic updates

My wife is looking for a TomTom after borrowing my Go 530 recently. One of the features she most wants to use is the traffic updates. The problem is that she has got an iPhone 3G and from what I'm reading, I'm not sure that you can use them to get traffic updates - something to do with lack of a bluetooth DUN connection. The only posts that I can find on this date back to 2007 & 2008, so I'm wondering if anything has changed and whether this might now be possible. She is on Vodafone in the UK.

If this is not possible, then we may have to go down the route of the iPhone app. I gather that the new version out is OK, howeverI don't like the idea of having to pay ?38 every year to get the traffic.

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

Forget it for the 530 or consider purchasing the TomTom iPhone app for her phone as the Apple device has a pathetic Bluetooth support and certainly won't communicate with the TomTom for a traffic service, the HD Traffic service is actually very good on the iPhone app (I use it all the time in the UK) in addition you get the Google search option which is just as good as HD Traffic IMHO - Mike

Ask a Question