This Accessory is not made for using with iPhone

I was using my Tomtom Car kit for months without any problem. But today I've upgraded my firmware to 3.1.3 and started to take "This Accessory is not made for using with iPhone" error when I put my iPhone to the dock.

Tried several times, cleaned the pins and dock but still it gives the same error. I passed the error message and tried to use Tomtom app but there is no GPS signal.

Then I've deleted 3.1.3 firmware and installed my previous 3.1.2 firmware. It still says that "It's not made for iphone!!!".

I couldn't find the solution and really very upset about the situation :(((

Please help me....

Go into the system setting of the Iphone and delete the BT pairing with the car kit
Seat the phone in the car kit, this time no slip case on the phone, just the phone
plug the lighter adapter inot the car, confirm power on
now try and pair the car kit and phone

Are you 100% sure the mount is getting power from the car? the GPS data is fed through to the iPhone via the docking connector and has nothing to do with the Bluetooth (thats only used for the Audio/ handsfree) - Mike

Found the probem

Same day I had changed my phone's back black cover.

After thinking the solution for days and days, I realizaed that the black cover is a little bit (nearly u need a microscope for realizing the difference) out of the main body. I pushed it hardly and tried again.

That's it! The problem is solved!!

It shows that it's very critical that each pin must be totally fit to dock for not facing like a similar problem.

Anyway Thanks for your help efforts...

Plz how did u solve it????

I have the same problem you had before..and it's very irritating...i have tried resetting the phone, deleted the bluetooth and nothing worked....

how did u exactly solved this..as I couldn't get the way u did.....

Ask a Question