Using and SD card with TomTom 920

I bought TomTom 920 (which comes with about 4GB of internal storage) with the North American and European map options. As a result, most of the space is taken by these maps and i can only add but a few songs or pictures to it.

I inserted a 2GB SD card with some pictures and music but the jukebox and slide show engines were not able to view the mp3 or jpg files even though i had specified to use the SD disk from the Home page (when connected to the computer).

Any ideas?
Thanks

I bought TomTom 920 (which comes with about 4GB of internal storage) with the North American and European map options. As a result, most of the space is taken by these maps and i can only add but a few songs or pictures to it.

I inserted a 2GB SD card with some pictures and music but the jukebox and slide show engines were not able to view the mp3 or jpg files even though i had specified to use the SD disk from the Home page (when connected to the computer).

Any ideas?
Thanks

Maybe ....

Did you put the mp3 files on the sd card in a folder called 'mp3' (no quotes and all lower case)? and, did you also create a folder called 'photos' on the sd card for those files? If not, that's more than likely the issue.

If you DID create the folders properly and put the associated files into their respective folders and if the unit is still not recognizing their existence, then I'd try a paperclip reset of the unit with the sd card in it.

But, my money is on my first suggestion ... :cool:

Thank you

Thanks!! Your suggestion did the trick. Works great!
:)

Maybe ....

Did you put the mp3 files on the sd card in a folder called 'mp3' (no quotes and all lower case)? and, did you also create a folder called 'photos' on the sd card for those files? If not, that's more than likely the issue.

If you DID create the folders properly and put the associated files into their respective folders and if the unit is still not recognizing their existence, then I'd try a paperclip reset of the unit with the sd card in it.

But, my money is on my first suggestion ... :cool:

Last edited:

Ask a Question