Using an SD card in a TT ONE-XL-S

:confused:I have beed dinking around with my XL-S and I installed an SD card to increase the memory available. I downloaded the manual along with Adobe 9 according to the instructions in "Home" and supposedly I can read it by using the "music & media button on the menu, which isn't in my menu.

Am I missing something or what?

All suggestions are welcome.

Allan

The Navcore7 software has a built-in text reader (that is why you can pull up documents for First Aid, etc).

TomTom in their infinite wisdom did NOT provide the icon in the default menu.

However, if you are using a custom menu, you can add the following line to your TomTom.mnu file (on a page that has an open slot) to get the document reader icon:
TASK_DOC_BROWSER

Any .html or .txt file that you place in your /text folder on the TomTom will show up under the Doc browser

MHCOMP - I have successfully used the Document Reader feature on my OneXL but had to use the above procedures to get it to work. The easiest way for me to make the above-mentioned custom TomTom menu was by using a 3rd party Menu Maker Program. (attached).

Good luck!

Last edited:
RE: Menu

Thanks for the info on the menu program. I downloaded & looked at it but there are a number of icons missing that are on my XL-S. "Help, Nearest Police Staton, First Aid info, etc". I decided to print out the manual rather than rebuild the menu and lose these items.

Thanks again.......................Allan

HelpMe and MapShare are the two icons that will disapear when you use a custom menu and its not possible to add these functions using a custom menu as the commands are not called in the same way within the application - Mike

Ask a Question