TomTom HOME not using the SD card when selected, only using Internal Memory

I recently got a TomTom GO 740TM LIVE and a 8GB microSDHC memory card to go along with it. When I connected the device and TomTom HOME started up asking me where to install the latest maps etc I selected the memory card but it chose "Internal Memory" anyway and there's only about 40MB of space left. Every time I've connected it since then and TomTom HOME asks me where to install the updates I select the memory card but it installs everything on the internal memory anyway; the memory card is still completely empty. How can I transfer the existing maps and such on to the memory card and get HOME to install them there in the future?
Thanks in advance for any help.

If you only have 40MB of space left, I'd guess that your map is already located in internal memory (unless you have more than one map, and there's one on the SD as well).

We recommend this procedure => https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html - so back up your entire unit before you begin.

Then take these two folders and move them using your PC's usual copy/delete or move function from your unit's internal memory directly to the uSD card. It will look like an external disk drive just as your unit does.

maps
North_America_2GB

IF you have a Live subscription, might as well move these folders there, too:

fuel_prices
poi

Once you have done that, you may have better luck getting Home to install things to the uSD card map folder since it will recognize that it is already there.

Ask a Question