Using TomTom Home

I just installed TomTom Home for Macintosh, version 2.8.0.1019, and I have a couple questions about using it:

1. If I connect my TT to HOME and put in my lifetime map activation code, is my TT permanently linked to that computer and that version of HOME, or could I also get lifetime map updates on another computer later?

2. Is it problematic to use two different TomToms on one version of HOME? Most notably, will I be able to get lifetime map updates for both of them using the same version of HOME? I would be using two different activation codes, since both have lifetime map updates. One of them is a 540TM WTE (RZ series), the other is the RX series, which I believe is a 535 or 540 according to TomTom?s website.

Thank you.

Welcome to TTF.

As long as you log into a computer with the same email address you created at tomtom.com and initially used on the Mac, you should be ok when using a different computer.

For two separate units, make sure you have separate email addresses for each. Don't even have to be real email addresses when you log in, just in the proper format of (e-mail address removed)

Then Home2 will handle the separate units properly.

Ask a Question