Using TomTom Home With Two Devices

First thanks for the help I received for my new 930 in another thread. I thought it would be best to post a new thread for this question. My previous device is a 920 and it will be used by another family member now that I have the 930 but I want to be able to update and manage both devices on my laptop with TT Home. I believe this is possible but want to know if I will experience any problems doing so.
John

It's possible, but you have to maintain 2 e-mail addresses to do that. I actually have 3 that I maintain (4 if you count my daughters)

I just signed up for multiple gmail accounts. I found that with gmail, you can link accounts so I have 2 of them but I only need to check the mail on one.

I just used my name followed by a dot model number @gmail.com.

The only other thing I ran into as a pseudo-problem is that one of the models (Rider) uses a different "operate my device" exe, so you might have to download additional files after connecting different devices. Not a big issue.

I wondered about the email address but I notice under Tools in TT Home there is an option to switch device, what does that do?
John

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question that fits this discussion.

My daughter received a TomTom like mine and I want to maintain both on my PC. Do I need to install the software twice or do I just connect her device to my PC and the software will know it is a different unit?

Thank you.

It's possible, but you have to maintain 2 e-mail addresses to do that. I actually have 3 that I maintain (4 if you count my daughters)

I just signed up for multiple gmail accounts. I found that with gmail, you can link accounts so I have 2 of them but I only need to check the mail on one.

I just used my name followed by a dot model number @gmail.com.

The only other thing I ran into as a pseudo-problem is that one of the models (Rider) uses a different "operate my device" exe, so you might have to download additional files after connecting different devices. Not a big issue.

You can do that? I did not know that. How do you do it on Gmail?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question that fits this discussion.

My daughter received a TomTom like mine and I want to maintain both on my PC. Do I need to install the software twice or do I just connect her device to my PC and the software will know it is a different unit?

Thank you.
She would have to log in using her e-mail address and password on your HOME software, then connect her unit.

Ask a Question