USA Map.

TomTom Model(s)
The day before leaving for the States; checked TOM TOM 950; North America map, gone. Have not used it for 6 months or so. Attempted to re-install, but get the message:
error code, invalid TLV XML File!! Does anyone have the answer to this problem. Refuse to pay for new map, as it is "part and parcel" of the 750. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Having used the tom tom in the states previously, i was astounded with the performance of it.

In the event, i had to use the standard sat nav that came with the rental vehicle. Not too impressed.

Have you a backup of the unit's contents (hopefully Explorer, not Home)? If so, can you restore from there?

Was the USA_Canada map purchased and downloaded from TomTom? If so, it should be found in compressed format here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

and you can install without Home using information here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t18197-how-install-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

Also, do you have the latest application for the 750? In other words, when you connect to Home, is there an application offered?

Ask a Question