USA/Canada 7.20 available in Map Guarantee

How about when you use the option: Add Maps/Voices? Do you see a new 720 map listed there?

Yes, the 720 is in the list. When i bought my tomtom one 3rd last year, the lastest map warranty update was so easy, I just don't know why this time this is so complicated :confused:

yes, but I must pay for it, and I bought my gps 1 week ago :S

Call TT customer service. When I bought my ONE XL I saw the map was out of date and the option for the 30 map guarantee gave me message that I wasn't eligible for new map update or something to that affect.

In any event, I called customer service, talked briefly, she opened up a ticket number and asked me to fax in my receipt (I took a digital photo) and attacched it to the email ticket she set up. I waited about an hour, then called customer service back, this person found my ticket, found the receipt and then set up the map in my account while I was on the phone with her.

All in all pretty good service.

Rick

I'm french, i can speak english, but not perfectly, and they can see that. They never respond at my question, I called the tt customer service this morning, and they asked me to fax my receipt, It was already done, I fax my receipt yesterday , and she said I must wait 48 hours before she can do anything.

I cannot arguing like you did, because I'm not able to do this LOL, She always said apologize, and I dont know what this word mean haha

I hope I will have this map before 30 days :(

I'm french, i can speak english, but not perfectly, and they can see that. They never respond at my question, I called the tt customer service this morning, and they asked me to fax my receipt, It was already done, I fax my receipt yesterday , and she said I must wait 48 hours before she can do anything.

I cannot arguing like you did, because I'm not able to do this LOL, She always said apologize, and I dont know what this word mean haha

I hope I will have this map before 30 days :(

Sorry to hear that you had less the positve service. Souynds to me like TT might want to add some French speaking customer service reps. They seem to have a number of French speaking customers - I know I would be totally out of my depth if I even tried to communicate anything more than " je mappelle Rick" and i"m not even sure of that anymore.

Good Luck or rather bon chance

Rick

RE: updating maps

Personally, if you're not qualified for a free map.....i'd not upgrade -- just yet

Wait till V8 maps are released. [if you're pay outta yer own pockets]
Getting the maps that work with Lane Guidance and the IQ Routing are gonna be your best long term solutions. TT hasn't officially announced the V8 release for purchase, but I gotta believe they're not that far off.

I'm still a firm believer that the maps should be guaranteed for a year instead of a month...

but I am just a single voice

RE: updating maps

Personally, if you're not qualified for a free map.....i'd not upgrade -- just yet

Wait till V8 maps are released. [if you're pay outta yer own pockets]
Getting the maps that work with Lane Guidance and the IQ Routing are gonna be your best long term solutions. TT hasn't officially announced the V8 release for purchase, but I gotta believe they're not that far off.

I updated to the 7.20 and no problems but I wanted to do it before it became a problem. the V8 sounds like a great deal but "not far off" is to iffy for me guess I will have to fork out the cash when it does make it out!

Good news :p my fax worked well, they called me this morning to announce me that they added the 7.20 map in my account :cool:

EDIT: I called back to tomtom customer service, and they speak so fast, it was really hard to understand what this guy wanted, but I finish to resolve my problem after 40 min on the phone. Is it possible that tomtom does not want that we download the 720, but they are obligated to give it to us? It seem so complicated to give it to us.

I think it's because de 720 include the advance lane, and tt want to sell more go 730 and 930.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

But now I have a second little problem :confused: my map is in my tomtom my tomtom home seem to have a little problem, when I connect my tomtom to tt home, all open normally, but on the page to download map share, gps quick fix and the 720 NA map

All those thing can be checked for download, but not the na map, tt home ( i will try to give you the best translation in english) This element cannot be install on your tom tom :confused:

Also I have only on day to download it :S

Last edited:
Are you using HOME 2.3?

Not sure if that would make any diff or not, just curious.

I have the 715 map in my TTR2, and when I update, it still always wants to update to my old 675 map. I just uncheck that box.

Cheers

Last edited:
Is it possible that tomtom does not want that we download the 720, but they are obligated to give it to us? It seem so complicated to give it to us.

I think it's because de 720 include the advance lane, and tt want to sell more go 730 and 930.

there are no plans to open up iq routes and advanced lane guidance to the older models.

Actually, i'd be surprised if they didn't open up iq routes and advanced lane guidance to the older models

then no one would buy the new models. the official word from tomtom is that there are no plans to open that up (like mapshare was not long ago).

Ask a Question