USA/Canada 7.20 available in Map Guarantee

I just want to add my 2 cents about getting the new Canada-USA 7.20 map...I tried to buy it on line for my ONE XL, but because I have a Canadian account...I can't!!!:confused: Have any other Canadians run into this problem? TT says they are 'working' on this problem...with no idea when it will be resolved!!! Why is TT selling devices in Canada if they know that updates aren't available!!:mad: Any suggestions how I can get an updated map? Thanks.

I just want to add my 2 cents about getting the new Canada-USA 7.20 map...I tried to buy it on line for my ONE XL, but because I have a Canadian account...I can't!!!:confused: Have any other Canadians run into this problem? TT says they are 'working' on this problem...with no idea when it will be resolved!!! Why is TT selling devices in Canada if they know that updates aren't available!!:mad: Any suggestions how I can get an updated map? Thanks.
Don't know what the difference is but people in the US can get Advanced Lane Guidance on their NA map.
ALG worked perfectly in England but not in Canada. Support says I have to wait for a new Map.

Don't know what the difference is but people in the US can get Advanced Lane Guidance on their NA map.
ALG worked perfectly in England but not in Canada. Support says I have to wait for a new Map.

If ALG is not yet available in Canada why do we even think that IQ routes are really legit. in Canada with the existing 805 North American maps?

I am so looking forward to this "new Map", coming before...October? :confused: .

Last edited:
If ALG is not yet available in Canada why do we even think that IQ routes are really legit. in Canada with the existing 805 North American maps?

I am so looking forward to this "new Map", coming before...October? :confused: .
They said the implementation may just not be ready in the comming issue but for sure the one after that.
I am thinking of February.

Cheers,

They said the implementation may just not be ready in the comming issue but for sure the one after that.
I am thinking of February.

February :mad: ....but I guess that is something to look forward to.

And if Feb is two releases from now when do you expect the very next release....hopefully this fall?

February :mad: ....but I guess that is something to look forward to.

And if Feb is two releases from now when do you expect the very next release....hopefully this fall?
It is just an uneducated guess based on the guesstimates of long term contributors here; sprinkled with a dose of purpose pessimism. Expect the worst, it will only get better then.

Actually, the regulars say that according to the quarterly intervals the map should have been out at the beginning of the month. It will probably be announced on Thursday night, before IFA.
If we get another delay for the next set that could bring us to February.

Last edited:
I had semi-considered upgrading to 7.20 from my 7.15, but there were absolutaly no changes to my local area. Many streets are not included and the highway from my town to the next one shows as a 2 lane undivided hwy. It has been a divided 4 lane for about 12 years. My original map that came with my Rider2 was a 6.67 and showed the correct hiway. Subsequent updates to 6.75 and 7.15 show incorrect information.

A place like Calgary, Alberta must give map makers fits. Not only is there a constant stream of brand new streets, but many of the existing overpasses, etc change/move constantly.

I guess I will wait for another year or so. Overall I am extremely pleased for the most part.

Cheers,

I bought a TT1 330 on sale for $150 a couple days ago. I did the 30-day update option as soon as I got it connected and it downloaded a new map between 800 and 900GB with version "720.1802" I guess that's the latest for the NA map? I don't get any ALG though, at least to my knowledge.

I bought a TT1 330 on sale for $150 a couple days ago. I did the 30-day update option as soon as I got it connected and it downloaded a new map between 800 and 900GB with version "720.1802" I guess that's the latest for the NA map? I don't get any ALG though, at least to my knowledge.

Seeing this is your first post, welcome aboard!

The map for your 330 is the USA & Canada map and the one you now have is the latest. Only the higher end models have what is called the North_American map. What differenciates both maps? The so called NA map has the same coverage as USA & Canada and Mexico is also absent. The higher end map has additional scenery details, a larger POI database and some additional files for speech recognition not to be confused with text-to-speech. Streets and highways presence is the same in both maps.

As for ALG and IQ routing, it is only available on newer high end models at the moment and necessitates both NavCore and maps of version 8 or higher. People speculate it might become available on older models but nothing definite has yet transpired from TT.

just so im clear, its not when you connected your device to the computer that matters, its when you bought it correct?

as in if you dont try and update it 30 days after purchasing even if its never been connected to a PC, your SOL?

just so im clear, its not when you connected your device to the computer that matters, its when you bought it correct?

as in if you dont try and update it 30 days after purchasing even if its never been connected to a PC, your SOL?

Since they will require a copy of your sales receipt as "prove of purchase" (they asked me to raise a Support question under the subject POP and attach a scan of the the receipt) it stands to reasons that it is the date of purchase, not the activation date that matters.
If still uncertain, call them up, it is toll free.

Ask a Question