US_CAN versus North America on TT One

My TT One came with US_Canada map 665.1293. I also owned a copy of TT Navigator and I noticed that the file size of the North America is quite a bit larger (900M vs 1.4G). So I copied NA onto a SD card and everything worked.

What I noticed is that the NA maps draw/refresh very slowly compared to US_CAN; probably due to the slow CPU on the TT One; the jumping action is quite distracting (BTW my SD card is a 150x 2GB). I see bodies of water, but what else is different? Are all of the roads intact?

I also know that the TT NA has more POIs so I put US_CAN back on the SD card and then copied the POIs from NA and it appears to be working. Would this cause any problems?Are there other files other than the maps that I would want to take from TT NA?

I also know that the TT NA has more POIs so I put US_CAN back on the SD card and then copied the POIs from NA and it appears to be working. Would this cause any problems?Are there other files other than the maps that I would want to take from TT NA?

Nope, that should work fine.

That's a brilliant idea!

switched from USA_and_Canada v660 to NA v665.... It was good when i saw the extra details and roads and POIs. However, my city's international airport is on water according to the map. i.e. it's the same blue as the river that flows to the north of the airport!!

You mentioned new roads; has anyone noticed different roads between US_CAN and NA maps (same version of course)?

I've heard that NA has bodies of water, parks, etc on the maps; but all of the roads/routes should be in US_CAN.

yeah.. I'm comparing two different versions. I was going up to the mountains and through a logging road. On the smaller map, the road ends early. With the NA map, the road is extended further. However, Google Map still wins and the road extends even further than the NA map. Google Map ends the road roughly when the paved section ends.

What I noticed is that the NA maps draw/refresh very slowly compared to US_CAN; probably due to the slow CPU on the TT One; the jumping action is quite distracting (BTW my SD card is a 150x 2GB).

FYI - I found out after using the NA maps a while that I was being stupid and had too many POIs showing on the map. Once I started disabling them the map started refreshing correctly.

hehe.

I switched back to USA_and_Canada. 665 has too many problems. I'll stick with 660 until I can upgrade (or I feel like shelling money for an upgrade)

US_CAN versus NA, versus Regional

I wonder if you had the regional map of the same area you are describing if it would have more detail.

Pat

Ask a Question