Urban Rider memory

I might be missing something here but the specifications for the new Urban Rider models state that they have "32MB RAM". If you choose to download the USA, Canada & Mexico map fro example this is approximately 1.7GB in size so presumably this won't fit on the device memory?

Could be my dodgy maths but can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

The 32MB is the available RAM memory the device uses while in use, this is seperate to the main storage (Flash) Memory, as long as your unit isn't a regional one it will be supplied with the Western_Europe map so the built in Flash memory will have enough capacity to hold the North_American map but you will have to remove the European map first to make space (store it on the PC then copy it back later) - Mike

Thanks Mike - that seems a pretty rubbish arrangement. Seems to compromise the whole design...

Since you guys are talking about it...I went to the store to buy one today. Just about had it bought, when I realized that the motorcycle dock/mount does not charge the unit.?!?!?! WTF is the point of that? Why would I but a motorcycle specific kit that does not charge on the go?

And to top it off....the dock from the Rider 2 would fit, but good luck finding one...

There is a cradle that charges the Rider_3 on the bike but its an optional extra that sets you back a further ?45 which is a bit steep if you ask me see Here - Mike

Ask a Question