updated to 7.10 maps and no mapshare updates

i purchased the newer 7.10 maps for my 2nd edition last weekend, have made some map corrections, they have uploaded, but haven't seen a single update downloaded. anybody else getting updated map info via map share?

p.s. i have 7.131 operating system installed and have mapshare setup on the tomtom to retrieve updates.

I noticed that as well. The 1.4GB North America map continues to have daily updates but the 900MB North America map hasn't had a single update yet. This makes me wonder if they treat the two maps differently and updates may show up on one map and not the other. Either that or they because Map Share just started on the smaller map they are having some kind of technical issues pushing out the updates but they will be on par with the larger version.

I called TomTom about this and told them that my 720 continues to get daily updates but so far I haven't had a single update for my ONE. We went through some basic troubleshooting but they couldn't figure out what was going on. Have you called their tech support about this yet? If not, I'd be interested to see if you can get anywhere.

Is anyone with the smaller version of the North America map getting Map Share updates?

i saw that someone else on this board was having the same problem with the updates. they also mentioned that the unit kept resetting it's own settings. mine is doing the same thing. i tell it too download all updates, update thru tthone and get a no updates available result. go back and look at the mapshare settings and they have reset them selves back to the way they were.

What I've been told is that the Map Share servers used by the smaller North America map are currently being worked on and should be pushing out updates by the end of the week.

I may have found the solution. Make sure you have a full backup before you try this!

1. If HOME is open, quit it and navigate to your TomTom drive on your computer. Open it up and find a folder called USA_and_Canada.

2. Delete the USA_and_Canada folder.

3. Launch HOME and reinstall your new 7.10 map.

4. Check for updates through HOME. Now it should find about 500kb's worth of Map Share updates.

or just hit download anyways and youll get them. Thats what ive been doing since ive upgraded my Go720 to the 710.1584 north america

what do the updates look like on the tomtom one? I have added a few streets that where missing and have been downloading the updates. I do not see any of the changes I have made.

I just purchased a map upgrade to 7. When I make map corrections with the mapshare and then when I connect it to the TT home and try downloading GPS fix updates and then it says uploading map corrections it takes forever. Is this normal? I know when it downloads GPS fix data it usually does not take a long time but with the corrections I made it does take a long time. I have waited for 30 to 45 minutes and it still is showing it is downloading and uploading and it never finishes the downloading. I have just aborted the process and keep trying at a later time. Has anyone had any problems like this?

Ask a Question