Saving updated North America and European maps 8.351 version. on sd card with Tom Tom

TomTom Model(s)
930T
Saving updated North America and European maps 8.351 version. on sd card with Tom Tom 930.

I saved both maps on sd card on 8 gb sd card when downloading.

in e:\complete\map\north_america
activation_map_50854.cab
map14306.gif
North_America.zip
map14306-1.gif
North_America.toc

and

in e:\complete\map\Western___Central_Europe_2GB
activation_map_50838.cab
map14290.gif
Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.zip
map14290-1.gif
Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.toc

I don't think it installed properly because when it installing it all
installed into Internal memory of gps and it not suppose to have
enough disk space to support both North American and European maps. 8.351 version.

How do I install all the updated maps on sd card and get Tom Tom 930 gsp to read from the sd card?

Thanks

Zhong

There is a bug in the latest Home application that it often will save to BOTH internal and card or will save to internal when you designated card.

Anyway, if indeed both have installed on internal, just use Explorer to copy both specific map folders to the sdhc card.

The application will find them there. (after copying them to the card, make sure they DID copy and then remove the map folders from internal).

Then use Explorer to copy the contents of the sdhc card to the computer as a backup.

Is "e" the drive letter associated with your TomTom's SD card? if so you have put the files into sub folders which simply won't work - the folder name Western_Central_Europe_2GB MUST ne in the root of the SD card otherwise the device won't see the map files - Mike

Slapping my head...........

Sometimes I miss the forest for the trees. :eek:

Thanks, Mike.

Not trying to hijack, but does putting the maps on a sd card slow down the loading and operation of the maps?

I now have and can have option to use two versions of North American and Europe maps.
Internal memory was older version when I wish to use it I take out sd card.
SD memory is newer version. I leave it in when I wish to use that.
I had to extract the 8.351.go530-go730-go930.CAB-navcore-GO.cab files to the root directory of sd card.
I had to unzipped map zip files to the same directory they were in before they start working..

Is "e" the drive letter associated with your TomTom's SD card? if so you have put the files into sub folders which simply won't work - the folder name Western_Central_Europe_2GB MUST ne in the root of the SD card otherwise the device won't see the map files - Mike

Ask a Question