updated to new maps now no favorites..

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
So I bite the bullet today and downloaded the newest map updates to the North America 2GB folder ..

says it is all done but have disovered I don't have -or have lost, my favourites .. :eek: yet my saved Itinery(s) is there though ...

Nor can I find exactly on my TT630 where it staes it has the new 8.55 updates , no that was my last one is it 8.6 ? my TT only says it has 8.35 version ......
so questions: which folder from my saved files can I drag over my favorites ? and where on the TT can I check to see what version maps I do have ??

Tap the satellite bars on the unit. The next screen shows the application installed.

Now, tap that and the following screen shows the map installed and its version.

The new one for your unit, out today, is North_America_2gb 865.

If you copy the mapsettings .cfg file from a backup to the new map (if you have it) on the unit should restore your favourites.

Thanks I actually found and transferred over that .cfg file and have my favorites back.. But the tapping of the satellite bars only gives me a 8.35 version ...

Thanks I actually found and transferred over that .cfg file and have my favorites back.. But the tapping of the satellite bars only gives me a 8.35 version ...
You may be mistaking your firmware version (8.351) for your map version. Press the satellite bars once. You'll see a little box in the lower right with your firmware version. Press that little box. You should get a whole page of nothing but version info.

so good to see all the new streets in my neck of the city limits that have these updates in place ,.. As I helped post many of them myself months ago ....
:)

Congratulations!!

It does seem in the last few map releases (850 through 865) that TomTom has recognized there is more to Canada than just Hogtown! ;)

ah but today on another route have discovered two streets ( one is a new highway), is still not in map 8.65, yet after I uploaded the information to MapInsight .., they wrote back 60 days later and said the area is recognised and revised and approved and uploaded back to various GPS centers ,, alas except for TTom .. I guess didn't get it in time or not at all ..
will try and upload this back to TT this week ..
highway 57 off the main #1 freeway to 192 nd street in Surrey BC .

Last edited:

Ask a Question