Checking for an updated road on maps

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I submitted a correction for the NA maps ages ago. It's more than just a personal issue, as the change involved a major truck route being relocated in our area. Unfortunately, it's a necessity that I use this route also. It makes my TomTom kinda useless for the first 15 miles of travel from my home.

The route number is US35 between Fraziers Bottom and Teays Valley WV (a new interstate interchange on I64 was created when this route was relocated).

Firstly, do truckers ever use GPS devices? If so, wouldn't that make this a little important?

Secondly, I've checked on routes.tomtom.com to see if this has ever been updated, but it still shows the old US35 (which was renamed to WV817). Does that site reflect recent maps, and if not, is there a better place to check on map update changes. Silly for me to buy a map upgrade if it still takes me 5-10 miles off course. Google maps shows the new route names and the new route of US35.

Thirdly, can anyone check the maps to see if I64 interchange 40 exists on their new maps for me?

I would think that since this involves a new interstate interchange, that it might have some priority, but I can't be sure. TT has kinda made me a little upset since the longer I wait, the more I'll have to pay to get current so I can subscribe to an annual contract. (Not to mention the loss of functionality of Home with the last Home update where I couldn't "operate my device". Has this been fixed as well?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
You may want to check out this thread since there is reference to the specific OS version needed for truckers.
Remember when I checked it was using the specifics of my 930 for cars.

Ask a Question