Update problem

I just bought a new Tom Tom white pearl edition. Im in the process of installing it to my memory. I've been waiting for four hours now. Can anyone tell me how long this process takes please?

I believe that model is only USB 1.1 compliant, not 2.0. That may explain the slowness if you are in the Install phase (rather than the Download phase).

Thanks for your reply. It does't specify if the USB is 1.1 compliant. I was really getting worried cause now its 5 hours since I started the process,

You should upgrade the application to at least version 8.415 or later first, before attempting any map updates.

App 8.411 through 8.414 are known for very slow and often corrupted updates. It takes about 5 hours to install a map under those older applications. It takes about an hour to install the map on the newer applications.

To install a map go to "update my ONE", and decline all other updates except for the application. Once the application is updated, then you update other items afterwards.

Ask a Question