Update or leave it?

I just received my 720 and I'm quite impressed, had a 130 but wanted a bit more. Has speech recognition enabled already and even works with my Tracfone, amazing. The 720 is at V7.221 and map 710.1584. When I connect to Home, it tells me i'm 7 quarters behind. I called support and told them I was afraid it may lock up from what i've read and they offer to upgrade to 810.???, no new map though, it's refurbished. Is there any benefit leaving it where it's at or any benefit upgrading to a newer map? Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
The most recent software for your device is 8,351 and should be using map version 835, if you do update the device use Home via your computer to update the software until its at v8,351 to check the version on the device tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box.

You will get Reality view, Lane Assist, IQ Routes-II in addition to what the device is currently offering, it should work fine with 8,351 as it seems stable unlike some of the earlier releases, your map is rather old by todays standards and there will be road differences when you compare the actual roads with the map - Mike

Ask a Question